Lisa Vondung studied Chemistry at the Philipps-Universität Marburg (Germany) from 2009 to 2014. During her Bachelor studies she spent 5 months at the Stockholm University (Sweden) and did a research project in the group of Prof. Willem van Otterlo at Stellenbosch University (South Africa). During her Master studies she returned to the University of Stockholm for a research project in the group of Prof. Kálmán Szabó. Back in Marburg, she obtained her M.Sc. with a Master’s thesis supervised by Prof. Stefanie Dehnen. Subsequently she joined the group of Dr. Robert Langer at the same university for her PhD, during which she also worked in the group of Prof. Peter Schwerdtfeger at Massey University Auckland (New Zealand). In December 2017, she was awarded her PhD with summa cum laude. After a short Postdoc in Marburg she joined the group of Prof. Steve Liddle in October 2018 at the University of Manchester (UK) as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow until she moved to her current position as a Junior Group Leader (mentored by Prof. Franc Meyer) at the University of Göttingen in April 2021.
Awards and Fellowships
- Liebig Fellowship for Junior Group Leaders (Fund of the Chemical Industry, Germany), since 2021
- Leopoldina Postdoctoral Fellowship (Leopoldina German National Academy of Sciences), 2018-2021
- PhD prize 2017 of the Philipps-Universität Marburg
- PhD Scholarship (Studienstiftung des deutschen Volkes), 2015-2017
- Deutschlandstipendium (Germany Scholarship by the Ministry of Education and Research), 2013-2014